Sunday, August 7, 2016

Emotions are Terminal

What is pretty and worldly does not always satisfy.

The last few months have been whirlwind of activity.  I have been immersed in the newness to the teenage years.  I have been startled by the beauty of a nine year old and her emotions.











The love I get in my heart for these kids is incredible.  Let your emotions of love from God go to those He places in your life.  You don't know how many days, how many years you'll be given.  I want many others to come to know Jesus through my life.  That's all that really matters, for others to come to know Jesus.  Flashy things, cool houses, your dreams coming true, it will all leave you feeling pretty empty.  Find Jesus, and be filled with him.  Seek him, and he will bless you with Himself.  That's what I want for myself, to desire him more, to be a light to my immediate family, to show the kids in my life who Jesus is.

Don't let yourself be killed, letting your soul die at your job.  May you let Jesus bring you alive today.  May He cure you from the spiritual cancer poisoning your bones.  We only have a little time.  We are fatally flawed, as Jon Foreman writes.  I hope you can let Jesus into your life today.


Our hearts, our emotions are terminal.  We have a sickness of death that we need solved by Jesus.  Made in the image of God, but corrupted by sin and straying from him.  Our lives are terminal, but if we give our lives to God he will bring us to eternal life in Jesus.  If we give our hearts to him, he will give us the desires of our hearts, just like he has fulfilled desires of my heart in the jobs he's given me.  If we give our hearts to God, he will give them to worthy friends.

Today I sent my lovely sister off to college.  I shall miss her. May God be with me in that time of missing, and may he be with you today in whatever you're going through.  Alas, he always wants to be there for you.  He's always been there for me.  My solid rock amidst horrible waves of this earth, of my own sin and flaws and others' sins and their impact on my life and the lives of those around me.


-much of post inspired by "Terminal" Jon Foreman and by Jesus, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment